Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Track Changes/Change bars disappear

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:14:01 -0800, Stella Rivera
wrote:

I received a document (in Word 2003) with track changes on. When I accept
the changes, the changes are made but the change bars disappear and I need
them. I missed something somewhere. Appreciate any help.

Unfortunately you haven't missed anything; that's just the way Word works. When
you accept changes, Word doesn't retain any "memory" of where the changes were,
and that includes the change bars.

Instead of accepting changes, you have to go into the Track Changes Options
dialog to set the markup for insertions to "none" and for deletions to "hidden".
That will allow the change bars to remain, while making the markup look the same
as if the changes had been accepted.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman