Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Meebers[_2_] Meebers[_2_] is offline

Default Horizontal alignment

The text in the first column does not align with the text in the second
column. i.e. Reading across, left to right, they are not on the same
horizontal imaginary line. This only happens about midway down each page,
the top portion and the bottom portion of the pages seem ok.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I see that I have responded to your detailed description, which seems to be
referring to *vertical* alignment rather than horizontal (references to
rows, etc.). Is this what you mean?

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
No, he's saying, when you go to Format | Paragraph, do they all have the
same Spacing Before/After?

http://word.mvps.org

"Meebers" wrote in message
If what you are asking me is, after I turn on the format view, all the
spaces appear to be identical. When an entry is made in one of the
cells of the table, no spaces or tabs proceed the text. I have been
using arial 9 pt, nothing else. (that I know of). Thanks for your
comments.

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Meebers,

Have you checked that the paragraphs are all formatted with the same
leading/trailing spaces?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Meebers" wrote in message
Working with Word 2003, in a document that is used to record minutes
of meetings, a table format was chosen. Each subject etc. is in its
own row, section of the table. On most of the document, the
horizontal alignment is perfect between the columns(4), but about
halfway down each page, the alignment goes off by about a half row.
I have formated the whole document with the same font, made sure the
row spacing was set to 1.0. The start of the next page is aligned ok,
but down the page it is off. Not a gradual drift off, but seems to be
in the middle of the page. Prints the same way so it is not a monitor
issue. All entries are pure text. Any suggestions appreciated.