Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marcie Marcie is offline

Default style generated TOC w/appendices

I use Word 2003. I have a document that has appendices in the back. The TOC
is generated utilizing Word styles. The document has Appendix A, Appendix B
etc. What I need is for Word to pick up the page numbering which has
restarted with Appendix A. So that, Appendix A has footers A-1, A-2, A-3,
then comes Appendix B with footers B-1, B-2, B-3. My styles generated TOC
will only pick up 1, 2, 3 etc.
How do I make Word put A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2 etc. as my page numbers in my TOC?
I know there is a way!