CyberTaz

All respect for the troubleshooting you've done, but have you specifically
checked in FormatParagraph--Line & Page Breaks for "Keep with Next"
settings or "Keep Lines Together"?

Just a reminder, but just check _one_ para at a time. If you select 2 or
more you will get an inaccurate read in the dialog box if they are not all
set the same way.

Regards |:)

On 8/15/05 8:36 AM, in article ,
"LurfysMa" wrote:

For years I have been using alt+shift+up/down arrow to "move"
paragraphs up or down in a document. I can't remember now where I
discovered it, but I believe it is largely undocumented, but it is one
of the top 2-3 features in Word. I use it hundreds of times every day.

Anyway, it doesn't always work. Starting in Word 2000, I think, it
would no longer move text paragraphs through a table. It would move
the table rows through the text, so I had a work-around.

Now I have a document in which every time I try it, it will grab an
adjacent paragraph and move both of them. I can't figure this out.
It's just certain paragraphs.

I have checked the paragraph and style definitions for those that work
and those that don't and they seem identical.

I have checked that they are really paragraphs (and not just
linefeeds).

I have even copied the formatting (ctrl+shift+c/v) from those that
work to those that don't and they still don't work.

If I copy those paragraphs to a different document where everything is
working, those paragraphs still fail in the new document.

If I copy just the text without the paragraph mark to a different
place in the document it will work just fine, so it has to be
something in the paragraph mark.

Any ideas? This is a minor problem because I can always copy just the
text, but I would like to solve it.

I sure wish MSFT would make this an official feature. It is incredibly
handy and a powerful shortcut.

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Win 2000