Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I single-space a block quotation in a double-spaced documen

First of all, you should be able to change the format in a single paragraph
without affecting others. If you can't (and you're sure the text is
separated by paragraph breaks, not line breaks), then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

That said, part of the problem is that you're using the same style (probably
Normal) for all the text. What you should do instead is use Body Text
(modified as required) for the body text and Block Text (again, modified to
suit your purposes) for the block quotes.

"animalcrackergal" wrote in
message ...
I am writing a large paper and it needs to be double-spaced. However, block
quotations must be single spaced. Word won't let me single space some
portions - it changes the whole document to single space.