Anne Troy

Try this, Karen: Create a text box using the Drawing toolbar. Type your tab
text into it. Select the border of the text box, and hit Format--Text
direction and turn the text sideways. Position. Reference:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/d...oft_office.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Karen P" wrote in message
I'd like to create solid black tabs at the right edge of a cookbook

document
to demarcate the chapters. I created the original document but am trying

replicate tabs inserted by a printer the last time the book was printed.

The
tabs are 1" x 1/8" vertically and bleed off the right-hand page. There

are 8
tabs. They begin 1/4" from top and bottom of the page. The cookbook is
landscape, 2 pages per sheet. The tabs appear on the odd pages only.

Have
tried without success to find instructions and would appreciate any

advice.
Thanks!
--
Karen P