Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cooz

Default Disable popup message "Cannot find proofing tools for ...."

Hi Patricia,

Microsoft says this:
Proofing tools for Office 2003 Editions are a collection of editing
technologies that enable users to proof Office 2003 Editions files in more
than 50 different languages. The tools include spelling and grammar checkers,
AutoCorrect lists, AutoSummarize capabilities for Microsoft Word, Input
Method Editors (IMEs) for East Asian languages, and other tools. Proofing
tools for Office 2003 Editions are contained on a single CD, and you can add
them to any Office 2003 Edition or Microsoft Office program.

The message may pop up when you have any text selected as being German and
you run the spell checker (F7). Clear Tools | Language Set Language... |
Detect Language Automatically to avoid text incorrectly being marked as
German.

Possibly you have German installed as one of your default input languages.
Go to Control Panel | Regional and Language Options | tab Languages |
Details... and remove any keyboard definitions that include German. Word
checks which default input languages you have defined and moves these above
the double horizontal line in Language dialog. I would not be surprised if
because of this Word favors German as well when detecting languages - after
all, you have indicated to use this language.

Good luck,
Cooz

"Patricia Mindanao" wrote:

When I open some Word 2003 documents occasionally a popup message appears:

"Cannot find proofing tools for german". If you have the proofing tools,
try installing or re-installing them...."

I don't want to (re-) install any proofing tools.

For what purpose do I need proofing tools? Is this a kind of spell-checker?

How can I disable (permanently) this popup error message in Word 2003?

Pat