Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Vandamme Mike Vandamme is offline

Default 2007 E-mail merge hangs (not responding)

I have the same problem and have not found a solutions yet. So any
suggestions are welcome

"Paul Travis" wrote:

wg_tech, did you ever get this answered? I've got the exact same anomaly.

)

"wg_tech" wrote:

we are using Office 2007, trying to do a word email merge to send to a large
number of email addresses. We will not run into the spam issues because we
are sending only to in-house email addrs directly from exchange acct to
others.

Word stops responding (hangs) during the merge, we originally thought to
many for Word to handle, so we cut the list down to 255 and still the same
problem. Then, we tried again just to see with 1200 and all worked. So
there is no real pattern to the hangs. Have searched the web and other have
similar issues. We have 1G ram, 80G hd, dual core proc, on this single task
machine since we will be sending 1 to 2K emails per session.

Any information is greatly appreciated.