Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default how do you indent a direct quote?

Just adding to what Stefan suggested, you may also want to apply a Right
Indent as well to attain what would be called an "Inset Quote" - has a nice
effect

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Another method is to use the Paragraph dialog box (which makes it
easier to set an exact value): On the Format menu, click Paragraph.
Click the Indents and Spacing tab. At "Indentation," specify the
desired value for "Left."

For long documents, applying a style with the appropriately defined
indentation is the best approach. See:

Tips for understanding Microsoft Word styles
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

How to apply a style in Microsoft Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart2.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ChrisM" wrote in message
There might be a 'clever' way of doing this, but if it was me, I'd

just
select the block of text I wanted to indent, and drag the 'Left

Indent'
markers on the Ruler at the top of the screen in a little bit.
(Word2000)

Cheers,

Chris.

"Deni" wrote in message
Hi, I am writting an essay and am not very good on computers, I

need to
"indent" a direct quote and have no idea how to go about dong

this! any
help
would be very much appreicated thank you

Deni