Default Printing on index cards from Word 2003

I have a mail merge document created originally in Word 97 and used
successfully in Word 2000 on a computer with WinMe and printing to an
HP LaserJet 6P that would print information from my database onto
individual 3x5 cards fed landscape into the printer. Last year when I
upgraded to XP and Office 2003, my index cards no longer printed
correctly. They would print down from the top about .75 inch instead of
the .2 inch top margin I had specified (remember this had been working
on the same printer for years). The document is set up to be a custom
paper size fed landscape with the 3" and 5" dimensions and margins
top=.2" left=.25" bottom=.25" right=.3".

I have been able to lie to the equipment by changing the paper to a #10
envelope and changing the left margin to 4.75" and can merge to the
printer to get the print out to work. Strangely if I were to print to a
new document, the first page would print out correctly but the
subsequent pages end up .75" down the page. With the mail merge, each
page is a first page so I suppose that's why it works.

An ideas why this is happening? Is there a way to still use that 3x5
custom size or will I have to always lie and say its the envelope and
just hope I don't ever really have to print to a document first before
printing?