Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Why are my ruler measurements in points when my default is inches

You are probably seeing character units. See
http://gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alan Rich" wrote in message
Using the latest version of Word including most recet updates.
Until recently my rulers displayed correctly. Recently they changed

and are
displaying a very small measurement (?points), even though the

measurement
units in Tools | Options | General are set at inches. Measurements

elsewhere
such as margins, page size, appear correctly in inches.
Has the programme become corrupted or have I missed a festure?