Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ARY

Default Include an or option in IF statement: IF field = _ OR= _ then

MSWord 2003
The "If then Else" is too basic. Should include more options, like 'or' to
automate.
For example, in a familiar salutation: If a person is a Mr. or Ms., we want
to use first name. If a person is a Judge, though, we want to use Judge.

So the first if statement should contain an 'or' instead of doing a list of
If statements. In earlier versions of MSWord (before the love affair with
drop-down boxes) i could type in chevrons and get the job done myself. Now
it is a mess.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds