Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bugsy Bugsy is offline

Default Abnormal program termination

Sorry, I forgot to add the following info:

I am using Windows XP with SP3 and Internet Explorer ver. 7.0 (I add this
because usually when the problem occurs, I am copying a news article and
pasting it into WORD).

Thanks.

"Bugsy" wrote in message
A couple of weeks ago, I started encountering a problem with my WORD 2002
program. For no apparent reason it oftens shuts down, giving me the
following message screen:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE

Abnormal program termination

The program then shuts down and I lose EVERYTHING that I have been working
on.

Can someone tell me what is going on and how to prevent the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.