Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trainer Trainer is offline

Default Word 2007 copy normal.dotm and word.qat to laptop

I modified my Word 2007 normal.dotm and the word.qat file on my desktop
Word. I want to copy those files to my laptop so it's the same as my
desktop settings. But those modifications do not appear on my laptop. The
laptop still has the default normal.dotm and the QAT bar doesn't change at
all. This is where I copied the files and placed the files on my laptop.
What am I doing wrong?
C:\documents and settings\my
username\AppData\Microsoft\Templates\normal.dotm
C:\documents and settings\my username\LocalSettings\Appl
Data\Microsoft\Office\word.qat