Magz Magz is offline
Junior Member

Default Protecting Documents (Making Them Read-Only)

I'm wondering if there is a way to protect Word documents from changes being made after they have been downloaded from a website.

I know there is a protection read-only option that prevents changes from being made to a document, but this seems to work only when the document is opened in Word from its location. It does not protect the document when the document is uploaded onto a website, then downloaded to be viewed.

In a nutshell, I want to be able to upload documents to a website, and prevent people who download them from making changes.

Is there any way for me to do this?