Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke

Default Excessively Confused: Why are TOC Considered "Headers?"

"Hilary" wrote in message
news
Very kind people on this group, knowledgeable as anyone can be. But I'm
stuck at Square One because I can't wrap my brain around Why WORD
associates
a table of contents with a header (a thing which, IMO, a table of
contents
has as much intrinsically in common as it does with a footer: i. e.,
nothing.)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
The table of contents is associated with Headings, a type of paragraph,
not page headers.

A distinction that was lost on the German localization team, too.
At some time in the distant past, they translated the context menu for
"Headings" with "Kopfzeilen" (Headers), and we've been stuck with that.

? CommandBars("Headings").NameLocal
Kopfzeilen

Klaus