Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT

Default How do place a usable footer in a Word form?

Unfortunately, it is a report type form and there is nowhere else in the form
that this information should be or even really could be without it being
redundant. I need them to be able to type their name and title in the
"footer", along with checking off who the completed form needs to be
distributed to, as well as the page numbers. But I need this information on
each and every page should the report go to multiple pages. Unfortunately, as
I mentioned, I can't put the word form field or the check box fields in an
actual footer. The page numbers are easy...it is the writable fields I am
having trouble with. I am not even sure if this is actually possible to be
honest. But I figured you all would know if it were!

It seems a bit odd that I can't put fields in the header or footer...if I
didn't want people changing something in the header or footer of a form, then
ultimately I wouldn't put things in as field...and thus it wouldn't be
changable once the form is locked. Bu tto automatically lock the entire
header and footer when I lock the form...it is really a pain to try to get
that information then to repeat to the next page should the document go
beyond one page.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Put the fields to enter name, title, etc. in one place in the regular text,
and use Ref fields in the footer to repeat the entries. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

LeahT wrote:
I am trying to create a form in Word for my co-workers. At the end of
each page needs to be their name, title, distribution, and of course
Page # of #. Usually this would just be an easy footer,
unfortunately, I can't put form fields in a footer. How do I get this
table with this information to repeat on every page and still allow
the guys to fill it in? Is it even possible!?