Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Default How do place a usable footer in a Word form?

Also, the document properties can't be edited while the document is
protected for forms, as I recall.

However, a UserForm triggered by an AutoNew macro would be good for
gathering the info, unprotecting the document, updating the document
properties, updating the fields, and then reprotecting the form.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/MixedDocProps.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is this information appears somewhere in the form, use a StyleRef field to
pick it up; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm. Page X of
should be easy enough to put in the footer without such assistance.

If the name, title, etc., doesn't appear in the form, perhaps you could
create document properties and use DocProperty fields? This will require
extra effort for updating, however.

so
all may benefit.

"LeahT" wrote in message
I am trying to create a form in Word for my co-workers. At the end of
each
page needs to be their name, title, distribution, and of course Page # of

#.
Usually this would just be an easy footer, unfortunately, I can't put
form
fields in a footer. How do I get this table with this information to

repeat
on every page and still allow the guys to fill it in? Is it even

possible!?