Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default In Mail Merge how do I get 4 different address blocks on one s

If you insert the field from the Insert Word Field pulldown in a Mail Merge
main document, without the field codes turned on, it will appear as Next
Record. If the field codes are turned on, it will appear as { NEXT }
The Next field that you insert by selecting Fields from the Insert menu is
the same thing, though with field codes turned on, it will be { NEXT \*
MERGEFORMAT }. If you toggle off the display of field codes, it will also
appear as Next Record.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Stevox" wrote in message
Anne,
Thanks so much. Your answer was not totally correct but it put me on the
right track. I experimented and found the I could use the INSERT -
FIELD -
MAIL MERGE - "NEXT" to accomplish the task. Your input was wonderful as
was able to go to the help section with your "Next Record" to discover
the
answer.
Thanks so much for your help.
Steve

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Place the usual merge fields in 4 places. In front of the 2nd, 3rd, and
4th,
insert a Next Record Word field.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I want
print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock which I
will
have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print
four
different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each).
Presently,
the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then the next sheet
contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox