Chip Orange

Thanks Klaus, sounds exactly like what I was looking for. We are on an
enterprise agreement plan with MS, so the upgrade wouldn't cost us any
money, only the time to deploy it, and as yet we hadn't had time to evaluate
2003 to see if it was worth our effort. This feature just may start us down
the 2003 road.

Thanks again,

Chip

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
Hi Chip,

Also, in Word2003 it's possible to protect text on a

character-by-character
basis (with or without password protection), and allow onyl certain users

make changes.
Might be a reason for an upgrade if you need that feature.

Regards,
Klaus

"Chip Orange" wrote:
I have a template, and using it I'd like to create a document, and
in several places it's important that the user not be able to insert
into, change, or delete, a short portion of a paragraph.

Password protection isn't necessary, I just want to stop them from
doing this accidentally.

Is it possible?

thanks.

Chip