Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Karen Karen is offline

Default Can one automatically shrink text to fit within a fixed-size table cell, text box or frame?

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well on this lovely Friday.

I have a client who wishes me to create a form whereby there are
fixed-size boxes that his users can fill in with text. Instead of the
containers expanding to fit the content, he wants the content itself to
"shrink to fit" automatically. For example, if his client runs out of
space, he/she can continue typing and the font will reduce accordingly.

I've tried experimenting with form fields, tables, text boxes and
frames, and while I can get the outside border to remain static, I
can't for the life of me figure out how to have the text bcome smaller
if it runs over the space provided.

Is this possible in Word 2003?

Thanks so much for your help!

Karen