Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Default What is "smart cursoring"?

Not sure what it is.

But for your issue--return without capitalization--go to Tools | AutoCorrect
and uncheck "capitalize first letter of sentences".

Explore that entire dialog while you are there‹90% of Word's annoyances are
in it.

For more, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

On 1/23/06 8:03 AM, "kaywinger" wrote:

"Smart cursoring" is a Tools/Options/Edit option, but not listed in Help. I
don't know if it's related to my goal, which is to be able to hard return in
an email without creating a capital letter as if I were beginning a new
sentence. Our Help Desk did some tweaking for another problem, but now I've
lost this hard return ability which I used all the time in my emails.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/