Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Monica

Default Address book Backup

Graham
I just told Gordo everything worked great with export feature. Now my e-mail
address has 200 plus addresses in it - how do I separate them?? In outlook
Express

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I guess you are using an older version of Outlook? Try tools options
mail setup data files and locate it there. I am pretty sure the older
versions of Outlook had that route. Unfortunately I cannot tell you where to
look because I use a non-standard location for my Outlook data for ease of
backup.

The method suggested by Gordo will also work and is probably simpler -
export the contacts list to a PST format file, which will make import
simpler.

Monica wrote:
In Outlook, I do not have a File - Data File Management selection.
All I noticed is under Envelopes & Labels & than I open the book icon
- there is a selection on the top- Show Names From the: mine is
called "Contacts". Under Internet Options, Program Tab, My Contact
List is: Microsoft Outlook. Does this help at all? So from what I can
determine - Address Book is my e-mail address list and Contacts is my
envelope address list. Am I making sense yet? I usually understand
computers & their problems very good - but this really has me
stumped! Thanks
Monica

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

We are getting closer
When you want to enter a new address into the list, what do you do
in order to do that?
The 'open book' icon calls what is known as a MAPI compliant address
book. This is normally the Outlook contacts list address book
interface. If that is indeed the case, you need to open Outlook then
File data file management and ascertain the name of your personal
folders file - it will probably be called Personal Folders.PST or
maybe Outlook.PST. Copy this file and import it to Outlook on your
new PC.

Monica wrote:
Graham
I have a file in Word called "Envelopes". I open the file - which is
just a Word file and I click on "Tools", "Envelopes" and than I
click on the icon (which is a picture of a open book" and my
addresses are all listed in there. It's the address book that is
usually used in Office 2000. I'm sorry, that's all I know. Does
it answer your question? Thanks,
Monica

"Monica" wrote:

In Word 2000, I have about 200 addresses that I use for envelopes.
I transfered to a new computer and I cannot get a backup of this
address list. What am I doing wrong? What appears when I backup and
install on my new computer is my OE Adress book. OE is my default
mail. Thank you so much for any help you can give me.