Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alias

Default Protecting Form Data

Hello again,

Disregard original post. I had to close and reopen the document and now
protection is working.

-A

"Alias" wrote:

Hello,

In Office 2000 to protect a form all I had to do was select Protect from the
Tools menu and type in a password. However, it's different now in Word 2003.
When I select Protect in Word 2003 a window opens on the side that has the
following 3 choices:

1. Formatting restrictions
2. Editing restrictions
3. Start enforcement.

The problem is the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button stays greyed-out
even though I set the "Allow only this type of editing in the document:" to
"Filling in forms".

This is very annoying in that I don't know what else to try in order to
protect the document. This was a very simple procedure in Office 2000.

What am I supposed to do now?

-A