Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Nostalgia for the old UI

Actually, I think I waste enough time working two sudoku puzzles a day (one
from our local paper and the Newsweek one online); I really don't have time
for games. g

"ChrisM" wrote in message
Ahhh, but for how much longer, now that she's going to be playing
'Planetfall'... and 'Zork'... and 'Hitchhikers'...
and.........

;-D

Chris.

wrote in message ...
Not possible. She's on here 24 hours (or should it be 25) than

goodness!

"ChrisM" wrote in message
hehe, let's see if the number of posts from you goes down now...

;-)

Chris.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Thanks for the link. I wonder if I can remember how to play Planetfall
after
all these years. g

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ChrisM" wrote in message

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/

:-D

ChrisM.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I was addicted to the old InfoCom text adventure games. I lost
interest
when
games acquired graphics and required speed and eye-hand

coordination
play.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
So did I

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in

message
.. .
Then you don't upgrade. :-)

And I liked DOS programs. Life was simpler then. sigh

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:35:57 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

I agree with your co-worker up to a point. When technology
advances
point where the program no longer functions properly, it's time
upgrade.
For example, DOS-based programs.

The best advice I ever had was, "If it ai't broke...don't fix
it!"
DOS
based? Well that did need to be fixed. I have copies of 2000 &
2003,
never use them., Even 97 will do much more than I'll ever need

do.

David