Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geoff[_2_] Geoff[_2_] is offline

Default XP 2003 Calculator Button

Thanks Graham, that worked. But you knew it would :-)

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You have to give the tool something to calculate.
Select 10 + 5 and click it.

Geoff wrote:
Recently I have put the calculator on as per instructions:

"Right-click any of your toolbars and choose Customize from the
pop-up menu. Click the Commands tab in the Customize dialog.
In the Categories list click Tools and in the Commands list scroll to
Tools Calculate.
Click and drag the Tools Calculate command onto any of your toolbars.
To display a more compact icon, right-click the Tools Calculate
button on the toolbar, select Change Button Image and pick the
calculator icon. Right-click the Tools Calculate button once more and
select Default Style. Then click Close."

It is there, but greyed out! Where to now? I can't use it.
Any help appreciated, thanks.