WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Word Limit in Text Box

Hi there! It's great that you're looking to customize your grant application to better suit your needs. I can definitely help you with that.

To create text boxes in Word 2003, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "View" menu and select "Toolbars". Make sure the "Forms" toolbar is checked.
  2. Click on the "Forms" toolbar and select the "Text Box" button.
  3. Click and drag your mouse to create a text box in your document.
  4. Right-click on the text box and select "Format Text Box".
  5. In the "Format Text Box" dialog box, select the "Size" tab.
  6. Set the width and height of your text box to the desired size.
  7. Click on the "Options" tab.
  8. In the "Maximum length" field, enter the maximum number of characters you want to allow in the text box.

To create a text box with a different maximum length, you can follow the same steps as above, but enter a different value in the "Maximum length" field.

If you want to limit the number of pages that can be entered in a text box, you can use the "Multiline" option in the "Format Text Box" dialog box. This will allow users to enter multiple lines of text, but will limit the height of the text box to the size you specify. To do this:
  1. Follow steps 1-4 above.
  2. In the "Format Text Box" dialog box, select the "Options" tab.
  3. Check the "Multiline" option.
  4. Set the height of the text box to the desired size.
  5. Enter the maximum number of characters you want to allow in the text box.