Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default Utilising the borderless capabilities of my printer

As you found out, Jay's points are quite correct... at least for many of the
'borderless' printers available. In fact, my Epson R800 works the same way -
you just have to fool it into using the capability it has.

The printer I previously used led you to believe it would do so, as well.
Unfortunately, there were a number of times where text content faded somewhat
toward the edges and it seemed to make a mess inside the printer. For those
reasons I tried to avoid phrasing it that way just to avoid giving you false
hopes, but glad it woked out in your favor!

Regards |:)

"Cben" wrote:

Inspired by all your input and not heeding the HP comment of minimum 0.5 inch
borders I have cracked it. Staring with a clean template I reset the page
size on page set-up and the printer to "A4 borderless".

Using pictures in my header and footer set relaticve to the page - low and
behold
printing right up to the edge.

For reference printer HP5650.

Many thanks for you input

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Anne is quite right about this. It isn't typically stated by the
packaging/advertising, but 'borderless' normally applies to 5 x 7 or smaller
paper size. There are usually minimum margin settings for anything larger.

If you want to find out whatyour printer's minimum margin settings are, go
to Page Setup & set your margins for 0" all around, then click OK. A message
will appear telling you that 'one or more settings' are outside the printable
area. Once you acknowledge the message, take a look at the values that have
replaced the zeros. What you'll find is the info the printer mfr didn't tell
you, but the driver is telling Word.

BTW- Most of this information is usually in the printer documentation
_somewhere_, just cleverly hidden in a 'Note:', & never all in the same place.

Good Luck |:)

"Cben" wrote:

I want to use a letterhead with graphics right up to the edge of the paper.
My printer is capable of this but Word seems not to allow it.
I have tried Custom sizes of paper in the printer set-up and in Word but it
is very hit and miss.
Considering that I may need to share the template are there any elegant
solutions?

Thanks