Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Default Adding Outline Styles to a template

For new styles to be added, or old styles to update, from the template
the "Automatically update document styles" option must be checked in
ToolsTemplates and Add-Ins, for the relevant documents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jean Pereira" wrote in message
I have added 6 more outline numbered styles to a template which is

attached
to all our documents.

Whilst the new styles are visible when creating new docs based using

this
template, they are not available when editing previous docs created

using the
older version of the same template. I thought that when you open an

existing
doc, the new styles would automatically be available once the

template was
updated.

The only way I can get them attached is by going into the organiser

and
copying over the styles from the template in the template directory

to the
actual doc.

Is there an alternative way to handle this as there are thousands to
precedents we need to have these new styles available in?

Thanks in advance.