Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Tmlja3l2YW4=?=,

I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP in English (UK) Regional Settings. I
changed the defaults in Regional Settings as my first step in accomplishing
my requirements in Word Tables. This is where it was changed it for Lotus
and Word Perfect programs. However, this does not seem to work for any
version of Word. I work for an accounting firm and use tables for
calculations within word documents.

OK, this should work. Just tried it here, and no problems with recognizing the
comma as the decimal separator, as long as it's not also declared in Windows
as the argument separator (which should be a semicolon, in this case).

In an actual calculation field, however, I do have to add a numeric formatting
switch to force the parentheses:

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org