Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default How do I remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in Word doc?

Presumably the 'instructions' you mention are based on the
FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark feature, which may not have been used.

Try going to ViewHeader and Footer, select the unwanted stuff & press
Delete.

If that doesn't work the stuff may just be a text box with 'Behind Text'
wrapping applied, in which case you can use the Select Objects tool (white
arrow on the Drawing Toolbar next to the Draw button) to select the item &
delete it.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.