Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Headers on odd and even pages

When you select the "Different Odd & Even Pages" option, do you see "Odd
Page Header" or "Even Page Header" below the header area and above the
footer area when you view the Header/Footer layer? Do you also happen to see
something like "Even Page Header - Section 2"? If while in the Header/Footer
and you click the Next Section/Previous Section commands in the Navigation
group of the contextual Header Footer tools do you advance to other sections
or headers/footers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Mark T" wrote in message
In MS Word 2007, I use the title of my document for the header. I would
like
the header to be left-justified on even pages and right-justified on odd
pages. Although I have clicked "different odd & even pages" in the "Design
options" menu, the header always appears only on the left or only on the
right (but does not alternate between odd and even pages). I didn't have
this
problem in previous versions of Word, so I know that I am doing something
stupid.