Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Find/ replace multi-line segments?

Replace Pico^lFermi with Pico^lPorkchop^lFermi (assuming what you have
really are line breaks; if they're paragraph breaks, use ^p instead of ^l).

"JButkus" wrote in message

Hey, I'm using Word 2007 on WinXP, and I was wondering if there's any
way to use the "Replace word" feature to change multi-line blocks of
text quickly and easily. And, if there's no way to do that with
Replace, is there another method I could try?

What I'm looking to do is something like this. Let's say we have this
block of text:

Pico
Pico
Pico
Fermi
Pico
Pico
Fermi
Fermi

I need to insert the word "Porkchop", as a separate line, in between
each occurence of "Pico(linebreak)Fermi", so we arrive at something
like this:

Pico
Pico
Pico
Porkchop
Fermi
Pico
Pico
Porkchop
Fermi
Fermi

Doing it by hand is right out, as I'm dealing with something like 3,000
lines here (and each file needs to be given three or four different
revisions) so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
JButkus