Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Microsoft Word - Delete question

Go to Tools Options Edit tab
And Check "Typing Replaces Selection"

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Lisa Bourji" Lisa wrote in message
To Whom This May Concern,

I have a question concerning Microsoft Word that I would REALLY love to

have
answered. I used to be able to highlight a word (or a sentence or

paragraph.
etc) and the press of any keyboard button would delete the word. This no
longer happens. Now, only the DELETE key deletes the highlighted

characters.
How can I fix this?

(This problem is also occurring in other Microsoft applications. If you
can't help me with this problem, can you please let me know where or who I
can contact for some aid. I really appreciate this.)

Thanks,

LISA