Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Automatic header for new documents in Word 2007

Just by the way--I recently tested this with MacWord, and despite hiding
the header in the second page--the first page of labels *and* the
envelope continued to be as screwed up as if I had put the header on
every page. WinWord may differ, of course--I offer this as a curiosity.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you have Normal.dot set up with "Different first page" and content only
in the Header (not in the First Page Header), this would not pose *as much*
of a problem with labels, since you have to work at it to get more than one
sheet, and when you merge them, each sheet is a separate section (all page
1s, as it were).