Graham Mayor

Default .sxw files

If you now have a Word document change the Recover Any Text from File file
type option in the file open dialog to Word Document

Jack Heery wrote:
Shauna
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. It opens now as a word file,
but still in a coded form. The first line of the coded page is:
mimetypeapplication/vnd.sun.xml.writerPK
Does this mean anything?
Jack

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Jack

As far as I know, Word can't open a file created in Open Office. But
Open Office can save a file in a Word format. So try opening the
file in Open Office, and saving in a Word format. There are links
here that may help:
http://www.google.com/search?num=100...ve+word+format

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Jack Heery" Jack wrote in message
I have files saved from 'openoffice'. They will open, but only in
code. How
can I read them in Word 2000? The message I get is: 'm50EJ.sxw is
not a valid
Win32 application.' (m50EJ is the file name).
Jack