Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Default Default chart colours

No, this makes it keep all the attributes EXCEPT the colours. The only way to
keep these colours is to copy this chart and then modify it. Inserting a new
graph reverts the colours.
There must be a way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

After you have saved the chart colors as a custom chart, I believe there is
a check box to make that chart type the default.

"Mark" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way to change the default colours for a chart when it is

inserted
into a Word document?

I can change the colours on an existing chart, but when I insert a new
graph, the colours revert to the old ones.

I have created a chart the way it needs to be, and have modified the chart
fills and line colours and have created a "user defined custom chart"
formatting style based on this. But, when I insert a new chart and apply

this
style, some elements of the chart change, but the colours revert back to

the
old default.

Is there a way to fix this?

(Same problem on WinXP and 2000)