Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Default Cross references

I am working in Word 2003. I have many headings that will be cross
referenced. I choose Insert, Reference, Cross Reference, click Headings,
select the heading I want and insert page number (or other). Then I leave
the dialog box open, click into the document to reposition the insertion
point where the next cross reference will go, then click back in the Cross
Reference dialog box to activate it, and the list of headings in the dialog
box always goes back to the beginning of the list. I would like it to stay
where it was with the highlighting on the last heading selected. Is there
any way to make this happen?

Thanks,

Ricki