Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lauren

Default Is it possible to write protect 1/2 a document?

A colleage of mine wants to write-protect half a word document, and let the
other half not be write protected.

This is for an SOP document cotnaining standards in our company. We don't
want people to change the 'standard' part of the text, but we do want to
allow for specific entries to be added to the end of the document. We prefer
not to use form fields if we don't have to - many rows of entries may need to
be added to a table, and people are not very PC literate around here. We
don't want to have up to 300 users have to know a password either. Is there
a way to do this?