Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
-kve- -kve- is offline

Default Mail merge with existing mail merge fields

Well, the only difference between my code and the code from the article lies
in the fact that in the article, the merge fields are created at runtim (in
code), and I don't do that (because I use a document that already has the
necessary fields)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Without seeing all of the code that you are using, it would be like shooting
in the dark to try and tell you what is causing the problem.

The code in the article that you referenced, creates the datasource as well
as the mail merge main document and while it saves and closes the datasource
as C:\\DataDoc.doc, I cannot see where it attaches that datasource to the
mail merge main document it creates unless it is done by this bit of code

// Create a MailMerge Data file.
CreateMailMergeDataFile();

I should add that I know zilch about C#

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"-kve-" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to perform a mail merge (C#, Office 2003/2007)

I started from th ecode given in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301659,
and
this code works fine.

But the problem is: this example creates and inserts the mail merge fields
by code, and I need to use the fields that are already present in a
document
(defined in Word).
On mailMerge.Execute(ref oFalse) I always get the error:"Word could not
finish merging these documents or inserting this database"

Any help would be great...