To print background color (in Word 2003 only), check the box for "Background
colors and images" on the Print tab of Tools | Options.

"Venture" wrote in message
I searched and looked at the FAQ's but did not find an answer to my

problem
(although it is probably here somewhere). Please forgive me if this is
rudimentary.

Using Word 2003, SP2:

I inserted a background color but it won't print that color with the rest

of
the document. I am, obviously, doing something wrong as is probably isn't
"background" that I want to use.

How can I print the text and graphics with a colored (yellow) background?

Thanks,
Joe