Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Same record repeats on mailing labels

You need to have a { NEXT } field at the beginning of each copy of your form
/except the first/, to get Word to move to the next record.. You can use
Alt-F9 to show the "raw" field codes, then use ctrl-F9 to insert the special
field code braces, then type NEXT between them.

e.g. if you have 3 copies of the form in your mail merge main document

form-A
form-B
form-C

then you need { NEXT } fields as follows:

form-A
{ NEXT }
form-B
{ NEXT }
form-C

(I'm not sure that will actually work with nested tables, but if you have
problems at first, try to put the { NEXT } fields in the outer-level table).

Peter Jamieson

"Paul P." wrote in message
I am using mailmerge to print out a few thousand records to Avery form 5388
(Index Cards). I have created a template with Field names in each area of
the
form with the associated MergeField. I have copied the form (as nested
table)
into the first record on the 5388 form and I have also tried copying the
form
into each of the labels on the 5388 form. The result is the same. Each
record
repeats on the page. This triples the desired output.
What I am trying to do is to print one record in each label. I have
created
a rec_number field and used query options to filter. This outputs 3 labels
per page with incremental record numbers for each record. So the
rec_number
field is working but I still cannot get 3 individual records per page.
--
Paul P.
IHS