Peter Jamieson

You may be better off asking this in an Outlook group.

Although I have seen this question come up from time to time, and have
experienced the same problem myself, I have never been able to work out
exactly what causes the problem. The main suggestions a
a. ensure that Outlook 2003 is set up as the default e-mail package in e.g.
Internet Explorer|Tools|Internet Options|Programs
b. if you have multiple e-mail profiles (and if you don't know what
profiles are, then you probably don't have multiple profiles :-) ), that may
be the cause of the problem
c. do the e-mails disappear altogether, i.e. never even appear in the
Outbox, or do they appear in the Outbox? If the latter, do they have the
"Sent" date set to "None" ? I experience this quite a lot even when I'm not
using mailmerge. I haven't found a solution to that either but
- finding and running the Outlook .pst integrity checker, scanpst.exe,
sometimes makes a difference - on my system it's in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\1033
- I have heard that this problem could be related to certain addins, e.g.
Norton AntiSpam.

If you do find a solution please can you post back here?

Peter Jamieson

"woody" wrote in message
I am running a mail merge in Word2003. pulling adressee and email address
from an excel file.
- Merges all look fine.
-"Merge to Email" works fine, I"m being asked all the right questions and
it
goes to EOJ with no errors
-I have OUTLOOK2003 installed
-I'm sending to myself as a test ( and am receiving OTHER emails OK )

in short everything seems to be working perfectly, except the emails are
not
going out.

I would greatly appreciate any help

regards