Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page numbering a Word document

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for help.
But note that the title page (if it is the first page) *should* be page i,
even though no number is printed on it. By convention, every page in a book
is numbered, usually starting with the title page (or half-title if there is
one) as i or 1 (depending on whether front matter is numbered separately).

"PhilB" wrote in message
I have a novel containing three sections. The title page, the prologue

and
misc. pages and the main body of the novel. I use the View header and

footer
to number the main pages 1,2,3,etc. and then the misc. pages with
i,ii,iii,iv, etc. Finally, I used page layout to remove page numbers from
the title page. What then occurs is that the misc. pages begin numbering

at
ii, instead of i. Page numbering help in Miscrosoft Word Help is
frustrating to use. Would appreciate any help, as I have to get this
document formatted before I can submit to publish. Thanks.