Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Having trouble setting right margins in Word

If you'd like to email me the document, or a portion of it that exhibits the
behavior, I'll take a look at it for you. Remove NoSpam4Me to obtain a valid
email address:

Also, if you could use the subject, "Sample file from newsgroups" that would
help. I get so much spam these days I might miss it. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"striperon" wrote in message
I followed your instructions. The column width is unmovable at 6.75". I
applied it to the whole document. It still did not make any difference in
the document. I had done this prior to my last post, and did it again
prior
to this post.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

It should be checked - that's what you want. Did you make sure the "Apply
to" option indicated "Whole Document"? (Sorry, I didn't note this
before.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"striperon" wrote in message
With the Equal Column Width box greyed out, I am unable to remove the
checkmark. I changed to 2 columns, unchecked, then went back to 1
column,
which automatically checked the box for equal column width. No change,
reflow does not happen.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What you previously described is now a well-known bug: Text does not
reflow
when changes to the right margin are made.