Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default Typing letters produces numbers

Is this a notebook/laptop computer? If so, then there's probably a key
combination that toggles certain keys so that they have a number pad
configuration. Check the documentation for the computer to see how to turn
them off.

If it's not a notebook/laptop or isn't some kind of compact keyboard that is
supposed to use those keys as a number pad, then I would try a different
keyboard.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Robert" wrote in message
Hi,

My wife's computer just started giving her numbers instead of letters when
she types on the right side of the keyboard. Windows XP Pro, Office 2003.
Any ideas from any one on what might have happened? Is there some setting
that got changed somehow?

Thanks,
Robert