Jay Freedman

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:04:02 -0700, tchr2b
wrote:

I want to create a template to work off of for a project. I saved my
"template" document under templates but it is not functioning as a true
template. I would like to be able to type in the template without disrupting
the placement or layout. Any advise?

Save the document again, but this time change the "Save as type" box
at the bottom of the Save As dialog to say "Document Template (*.dot)"
before clicking OK. The dialog will automatically switch to the
templates folder.

When you talk about "disrupting the placement or layout", do you mean
you want places to type into, surrounded by unchanging text? Word
refers to that as a protected form. See this article to get started:
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman