Jay Freedman

Default C# automation : coloring text with specific rgb or html color

Frenchy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to color some text with colors that aren't defined in Word
(ex blue, dark-green,...)

To see how Word handles it I recorded a small macro, I selected a
text and colored It. Here's what It looks like;

Selection.Font.Color = 14897469

I'm trying and trying to create this number from a rgb or html color
but I can't find any function in Word or C# wich convert my colors in
the Word colo format

Any idea?

Hi Frenchy,

Given the R, G, and B values, the formula for the Color number is

((B * 256) + G) * 256 + R

Be sure to do this arithmetic with 16-bit or 32-bit variables (Long data
type in VBA) to prevent overflow.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman