Pat Garard

g'Day,

Whether you need it in the Header/Footer, or on the Page...
InsertPictureFrom File...
and insert your prepared Picture.

Now Right-Click the (inserted) Picture, and choose 'Format Picture'.

On the Layout tab, DO change the Wrapping style to something other
that 'In line with text' - for now I suggest 'Tight',
AND
Set the Horizontal alignment to suit
Use the Size tab to set the size
(Use the Colors and Lines tab to set a border)
Click OK
OR
Click OK
Drag the centre of the Picture to set the Position
Drag the corners to set the size
(If you drag the sides you can Flatten/Fatten the Picture).

While the Picture is selected (i.e. you can see the 'handles') you can
adjust the Position with the Arrow keys, and fine adjust with
CTRL+Arrow key(s).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

".ep" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I would like to insert a picture into my header and footer (logo etc)
and have the ability to move it around.

A picture by itself is not movable in Word, so I first create a
text-area from the drawing options and then insert a picture into it.

Problem is, the picture is always resized! I have a regular 72 DPI
picture for the web and I would like it to be imported/inserted at
EXACTLY its original size.

How can I do this?

Thanks