Hammad

Default Weird Behaviour : Track Changes Adds Weird Text While Document is Protected

Hi All,
I am Using Office 2003 Professional Edition with SP1 applied. I am
following these Steps.

1) Create New Document
2) Insert "Number of Pages" Field in the Header of Document
3) Typing some Random text in normal body of page 1 (2-3 lines only)
4) Enable Track Changes (Tools - Track Changes)
5) Protect Document (tools - Protect Document)
5b) I select the following options while protecting
- Limit formatting to a selection of styles
- Allow only this type of editing (No Changes (Read Only))
- I Keep 1 or 2 lines of body Text as Exception (so that i can

edit the document)
6) I start copy/pasting the random text to fill the pages
7) As Soon as i reach The 10th Page. The Header (where NumPages field
is) Start Populating with a weird number (some thing like
"111110101010110101... ")
8) Now When i Click "Stop Protection", the number Disappears.

There are 50+ Machines in my organization and each one of them have the

same problem.
Any help in this regard is sincerely appreaciated

With Thanks and regards
Hammad Bin Arif